Sunday, November 18, 2007

Post B week two

"I could not cut my mother up, so i walked over to her body and bent down near her head. I hovered over her briefly, then unwrapped the blankets around her face. There were her eyes, staring up and me, milky and blue. With the scissors in my right hand, I dug out her silver braid and sheared it off at the root." -page 61
I think this is a very important quote because it shows that Helen still cares enough for her mom after she murdered her that she can't cut her mom up. But Helen shoes that she doesn't have that much consideration because she can cut off her mom's hair for no purpose. I think this shows that she still had all the respect in the world for her mom but her dignity was gone. I think Helen knew that all her mother's dignity was gone. Helen knew she made a mistake but she couldn't take it back and i think the problem overwhelmed her and she didn't know what to do about it. She cleaned her mother up and made her look beautiful but she cut off her hair.

No comments: